Hi @paulr! Things went quite well, once people got in. I am tired of our old material so taught a chorus of a new song in harmony. People were ecstatic! I’ll reply to this post as I get more feedback, but for now:
- I got disconnected 5 or 6 times, though I believe it is all due to the Thunderbolt ports on my Mac. I think no more tests until I can get a new one
- some folks were having a very hard time getting into the session - were copying and pasting session name and pw from my email.
- latency wasn’t much an issue!
- Asio4all is kind of a nightmare. I haven’t had the time to onboard folks one on one, wish I had. I think I’ve got some volunteers, but even an IT person in our group took a couple hours to get everything dialed in. Finding both settings for buffer size was an issue. All worth it though!
- that singer that was having long latency issues can’t solve them. Flock test shows 15mbps upload, bumps to 35-40 once they join the session.
Overall I’m feeling like I’d run with Flock if:
- my internet connection issues were sorted
- internal metronome was optimized
- could find the time to onboard PC users
Lastly, feature request: could a video portion be included, just for the director? Even low-res. I would use that just to talk to folks (they’d feel more connected) and while teaching new parts - my gestures are pretty integral.