FLOCK TO ZOOM for Universal Audio Apollo users (leaders)

I’ve cracked the code on what turned out to be a fairly complicated setup - documenting it here in case it helps anyone else out. With this setup, the leader has one mix, and a second mix with leader mic and audio sources, plus all computer audio is routed to Flock. All this is combined with Flock singers’ voices to route to Zoom. Boom!

1. AUDIO MIDI SETUP (located in Application>Utilities): set speaker configuration to Virtual 1 + 2

2. CONSOLE: run your mic (I use a mixer into the Apollo because I need more channels than my Apollo has) in Channel 1 (or 1 + 2) and Computer sounds route through Virtual 1 + 2. These will be your monitor mix. Route both channels through Aux 1, but make sure to mute Aux 1 in your monitor mix.

3. FLOCK: choose Universal Audio as Input and Output. In Settings>Audio, choose Aux 1 L + R for Active Input Channels. Choose MON L + R for Active Output Channels

Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 11.02.52 AM

4. LOOPBACK: create TWO instances of Universal Audio in Sources. In the second one, route Outputs 3 + 4 to Output Channels 1 + 2, then delete the first instance.

5. ZOOM: Choose Universal Audio as Speaker, and Flock to Zoom as Microphone
    Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 11.06.07 AM

6. DAW: to play music through a DAW (I’m using Logic) choose Output 5/5 (aka Virtual 1 + 20 in your I/O assignments.

1 Like