Health Check issue?

Hello

I have been providing tech support for some of the singers in my choir and have noticed that many of us (including me) are getting “unknown” in the Health Check for Download, Upload and Internet Ping. I know that we can perform a standalone speedtest but thought that this might be a bug as a significant number of singers got the result.

Thanks
Glenn

I ask our users to send me their results, so that we can learn which people may need help or better solutions:

• at a guess, at least half get Unknown
  • personally I nearly always get Unknown.

ps I would find it helpful to know which result ranges constitute red/problematic, amber/ok & green/good.
Perhaps also append “ (red)”/“ (amber)”/“ (green)” to the text copied to the clipboard.

Hi Glenn

It’s an unusual bug. We are using speedtest.net to do all 3 of those tests and sometimes it doesn’t return any values. In the interim your singers can go to the speedtest.net website directly and run a test there. Another alternative (not used by Flock internally) is http://speed.googlefiber.net/

For upload the minimum for a Singer is 1Mbps. However, given that there can be variance in the upload speed, it would be better to have more than that just to be safe, e.g. 3Mbps. But 1Mbps should work. For download it’s the same requirement.

Paul

Just hopping on here to say that quite often when I run the health check the download/upload/ping are greyed out too (& running a separate check they’re all fine). Quite a few of my singers had this too